We are looking for an opportunity-driven, multi-faceted digital marketer with a strong content marketing background. We’re looking for someone entrepreneurial that has demonstrated experience creating content and marketing it across the web. We’re looking for someone that can come in and understand our audience and take ownership of how we use the digital mediums to create engaging — and attention-grabbing — content that helps us educate our audience and better communicate the vast potential and value of our technology.
This role is one that includes being a mixture of player and coach. You’ll be tasked with owning the Ezoic content marketing strategy and working with a team of creative marketing professionals to generate content that targets our large core audience and taps into our company POV. The role will likely include:
- Writing, editing, or optimizing blog content
- Managing sources of content and identifying unique marketing opportunities
- Scheduling blog and optimizing pages of our website and blog
- SEO keyword research and optimization
- Researching concepts and developing content plans for others to assist with
- Publishing to the web and learning what engages our audiences
- Developing content specific to social media platforms
- Building content strategies & coaching others to scale your strategy
- Attracting non-paid attention to the content
- Executing new digital marketing ideas that you think will work
Ideal Candidate for the role:
You’re intuitive, opportunistic, and understand internet culture. You have a Reddit or Twitter account, leverage all the social media platforms, love to write, and have enough experience to communicate what works to others so they can assist you with scaling your efforts. You consider yourself an expert in using Google Search, know SEO best practices, have experience publishing content to the web (WordPress…), and love to dig into the internet to research the answers to questions others might not be able to.
You’re a problem-solver that likes to imagine new ideas but likes turning them into reality even more. You move fast and have fun when you aren’t weighed down by processes or bureaucracy.
Most importantly, you can approach content both strategically and practically. You turn ideas into projects and know what to look for if something isn’t working. You love challenges and approach them with a “I bet I can do that attitude”.
We are looking for someone who can take something they don’t understand one day and turn it into something they can pretend to be an expert on the next.
Desired Skills / Experience:
- Marketing or Communications degree preferred, but not required if you’re awesome
- 3-5 years of digital or content marketing experience
- Superb writing skills (we will want samples)
- Experience with social media platforms, online forums, and communities
- Experience planning or researching content ideas/concepts
- Understanding of SEO best practices (again, examples)
- Basic understanding or experience in WordPress or HTML/CSS
- Can independently analyze and solve problems
- Proven ability to develop and analyze content strategies
- EXAMPLE: You came up with a series of infographics and marketed them across the web and can prove it was effective at generating the attention or outcomes you hypothesized when you came up with the idea.