In Pursuit Of is seeking a Digital Director to lead digital marketing and advocacy efforts for Americans for Prosperity (AFP), a national grassroots organization focused on recruiting, educating, and mobilizing citizens to support policies that advance limited government, freedom, and prosperity at the local, state, and federal level. A successful Digital Director will provide strategic guidance and implement campaigns that cultivate, engage, retain and grow digital audiences and activists, building a robust AFP online community. This role will manage a content marketing team and collaborate closely with other internal and external departments, capabilities, and stakeholders.
- Lead and manage a content marketing team to develop strategy, oversee day-to-day operations, and guide the professional development of key personnel on the digital team.
- Identify engagement, persuasion/education, and acquisition opportunities via owned and paid channels, with an emphasis on testing, measuring, and continually refining our conversion process.
- Build and manage a robust content / editorial calendar across web, email, and social to attract, retain, develop, and grow our activist audience.
- Drive national website content that attracts organic traffic, converts visitors into leads, and nurtures leads into activists.
- Implement content campaigns that ensure a regular pace of communication and engagement, foster a strong brand identity and sense of community, and cultivate segmentation opportunities based on audience behaviors and interests.
- Oversee and coordinate AFP digital advertising from conceptualization to completion; work with advertising capability to ensure advertising content and strategies meet client goals at the appropriate budget levels.
- Assist with related programmatic activities, such as tele-townhalls, webinars, and fulfilment of premium offers.
- Collaborate across internal teams and capabilities – such as research, creative, writing, press, legal, and policy – to develop and execute digital marketing efforts.
- Minimum 6-8 years of experience in digital marketing; experience with non-profit, grassroots, and/or issue advocacy preferred.
- Strong management skills and the ability to oversee, coach and develop multiple personnel while executing high-level digital strategy. At least two years of direct personnel management experience is required.
- Strong written communications skills and an ability to distill complex policy into accessible and digestible language and products that get noticed online.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and adapt to rapidly changing conditions in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work productively and collaboratively with a broad range of colleagues and stakeholders across the country.
- Organized, with keen attention to detail and a mind towards legal compliance.
- Enthusiastic and respectful team player with a positive attitude.
- Willingness to embrace change and challenge the status quo, keeping innovative digital tactics and strategies top of mind at all times.
- Dedication to a limited government agenda in a movement driving towards a free, open, and prosperous society for all, particularly the least advantaged among us.
In Pursuit Of is a full-service communications and marketing capability that drives ideas and shapes debates in pursuit of a free and open society. Our mission-driven partnerships advance policy, political, and cultural change that enable people to improve their lives. One of those partnerships is with Americans for Prosperity (AFP) and In Pursuit Of serves as their full-service communications capability.
We start by walking the walk – cultivating a genuine culture or mutual respect, innovation and transforming the way we think about creating value. We practice Market Based Management® (MBM®) and it's based on ten Guiding Principles that encourage principled thought and action: Integrity, Compliance, Value Creation, Principled Entrepreneurship, Customer Focus, Knowledge, Change, Humility, Respect, and Fulfillment.