About the Southern Poverty Law Center
The SPLC is dedicated to fighting hate and bigotry and to seeking justice for the most vulnerable members of our society. Using litigation, education, and other forms of advocacy, the SPLC works toward the day when the ideals of equal justice and equal opportunity will be a reality.
Civil rights lawyers Morris Dees and Joseph Levin Jr. founded the SPLC in 1971 to ensure that the promise of the civil rights movement became a reality for all. Since then, we’ve won numerous landmark legal victories on behalf of the exploited, the powerless and the forgotten.
Our lawsuits have toppled institutional racism and stamped out remnants of Jim Crow segregation; destroyed some of the nation’s most violent white supremacist groups; and protected the civil rights of children, women, the disabled, immigrants and migrant workers, the LGBT community, prisoners, and many others who faced discrimination, abuse or exploitation.
Primary Job Functions:
The SPLC Digital Campaign Manager will focus on developing and executing campaigns, including marketing campaigns, and driving engagement across a variety of digital platforms. The ideal candidate should have significant digital campaign experience and possess a strong grasp of SPLC work areas including LGBT rights, Economic Justice, Immigrant Justice, Hate & Extremism, and Mass Incarceration. The Campaign Manager’s responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
• Creating and executing digital campaigns in support of both state and national priorities.
• Developing and managing marketing campaigns in coordination with Marketing Department.
• Writing, editing and curating content for SPLC digital media platforms.
• Monitoring news developments and data releases for opportunities to create compelling and original content.
• Measuring and reporting the impact of the department to leadership and other stakeholders.
• Collaborating with our marketing department on digital ad and list building campaigns.
Desired Technical Skills:
• Experience working in a CMS, Drupal highly desired.
• Familiarity with basic HTML, CSS.
• Working knowledge of Google Analytics and other analytics platforms.
• Experience with Facebook advertising and Google AdWords a plus.
• Experience with Adobe Creative Suite applications.
• Video and audio editing skills a plus.
Education and Related Work Experience:
• 5-7 years of professional experience working in a digital campaigns or publishing.
• Experience working for a nonprofit, political campaign or social action campaign a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Excellent writing and proofreading skills.
• Proven record of running successful digital campaigns.
• Experience creating compelling social media content.
• Ability to multi-task in fast-paced environment.
• Strong organizational skills, ability to independently manage priorities.
• Ability to work with staff across all organizational programs.
• Positive, energetic, personable, and respectful of others.
• Strong passion for social justice and fostering social change.
Other Special Considerations:
• Occasional weekend work and travel required.