WFXT, the Cox-owned leading media company in Boston, MA seeks a motivated, energetic, results driven Digital Account Executive. Reporting to the Digital Sales Manager, the Digital Account Executive is responsible for generating, acquiring and maintaining digital revenue and exceeding predetermined sales goals. Candidates must have sales experience in the digital space and be able to step in and drive digital revenue. Initially, this position will be almost exclusively focused on the generation of new sales.
The candidate must be able to demonstrate a strong understanding and history of new business development; lead generation and pipeline management. This individual will work with the Digital Sales Manager to establish plans and strategies to achieve very reasonable and attainable revenue objectives. Compensation accelerators kick in once revenue targets have been attained which provide very attractive earnings opportunities for money motivated and performance-driven individuals. You will be primarily focused on sales, conducting customer needs analyses and presenting client facing solutions.
The Digital Account Executive must understand all CMG Local Solutions digital product offerings and how to leverage them to meet clients’ and prospects’ strategic objectives. Digital assets include BOSTON 25’s and Cox Media Group’s websites, apps, livestreams, podcasts and third party products and platforms inclusive of display advertising, streaming media, and native advertising.
The Digital Account Executive will leverage owned and operated digital assets as well as 3rd party ad products including but not limited to audience extension, SEM, SEO and social media. You will find, service and secure mutually beneficial relationships with numerous local businesses, agencies or individuals that have a desire to reach their target audience through various digital advertising channels and services. The Integrated Digital Media Account Executive will collaborate with the Digital Sales Specialists and Digital Campaign Managers to fulfill, maintain and renew their clients’ digital campaigns. The Integrated Digital Media Account Executive must be results driven, money motivated, analytical, organized, solution minded, consultative, customer centric and like working in a team environment.
- Proven track record of sales success in digital media sales
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A) from four-year college or university in digital marketing, digital advertising and/or digital sales; and 3 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Advanced digital industry knowledge about digital products and the digital media landscape; including display advertising, streaming, native advertising, social media, SEM, SEO and audience extension products
- Advanced digital industry knowledge about best practices, website analytics, including the ability to compile usage reports and interpret results. IAB Certified a plus
- Proficient in Google Analytics
- Must be highly proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills including identifying campaign pitfalls and providing custom solutions
- Analytical in nature with a firm grasp of numbers and attention to detail
- Strong time management and organization skills
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Can easily identify priority items and complete in a fast-paced deadline driven environment
- Must possess positive customer service attitude with both internal and external contacts; flexible, patient, courteous, professional and problem solver
- Some travel necessary.