We believe everyone has a talent. LTD provides a collaborative and dynamic environment for you to do what you do best. We want difference makers, innovators and thought leaders. From our humble beginnings as a family-run mail-order business, we have grown to become a national catalog retailer and eCommerce business. For over 50 years, LTD has provided home goods and unique gifts to our customers at tremendous values. We remain a privately held company focused on one premise – exceeding our customers' expectations! If you are looking for an opportunity to wow our customers and contribute to our growth, we invite you to share our vision and shape your future at LTD.
Under the supervision of the Production Manager, the Design Specialist creates page layouts and conceptual design for LTD and Lakeside print/web advertising. Uses creativity and judgement to determine size, color scheme and style to achieve sales goals, ensuring expectations of the original page are met. Conceptualizes and creates more effective layouts and marketing techniques for ads with new space allocation while meeting the assigned deadlines. Holds information such as policies, practices, procedures, business strategies and other information given directly or indirectly.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Conceptualize and prepare page designs for LTD and Lakeside ads, keeping in mind general style guidelines.
- Identify key selling features and determine best way to communicate these to the customer through callouts and graphics.
- Take a self-directed approach to workflow management in order to meet or stay ahead of all deadlines.
- Prepare web images following procedures and sales objectives.
- Communicate status of projects to teammates and manager.
- Maintain open and professional communication with members from Advertising, Marketing and Merchandising as needed.
- Gather a clear and organized understanding of catalog style and expectations.
- Assist with extra page layout needs and other promotional projects as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree in Advertising, Graphic Arts, or related field OR minimum of 2 years related experience OR combination of experience and college
- Experience with InDesign, Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator in a Mac environment
- Experience with page layout for a catalog, magazine or newspaper preferred
- Ability to work overtime as necessitated by the workflow