The Cox Media Digital Account Strategist partners directly with the Media Consultants and the Digital Sales Manager to develop customized digital marketing strategies and solutions to grow and protect revenue within the top segments of the client base in the market. Develops, executes, and is accountable for the results of customized digital marketing solutions.
Meet with external clients throughout all steps in the sales process, from client business analysis, to proposal, to closing the business.
The role requires a fast pace of work, multiple demands and high pressure to deliver research results to accommodate the schedules and priorities of others. Budget-driven; pressure to meet ambitious revenue goals. Use of personal car to travel occasionally to clients’ locations within the market is expected. Depending on the market, may travel 10-20% of the time. Has contact with external clients by phone and in person. Participates in client presentations and may occasionally participate in on-site and off-site client activities which may occur outside regular business hours. Collaborates with and assigns work to others with no formal organizational authority.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions
• Development of Client Solutions – Client Facing Meetings
• Partners with sales consultants on sales presentations & proposals to ensure that clients receive the appropriate digital media products, services and rates to meet their business needs.
• Builds an effective consultative relationship with clients to ensure client satisfaction and develop future business opportunities.
• Partners with sales leadership and sales consultants in the development and achievement of digital media strategies, product revenue budgets.
• Identifies and matches Cox Media’s products to specific client needs and objectives to develop highly customized solutions and marketing campaigns.
• Attend 4-legged sales calls with media consultant to include but not limited to: customer needs analysis meetings, proposal meetings, and reporting meetings
• Strategize with Digital Sales Manager to increase revenue generation as it aligns with the client solution
• Acts as subject matter expert to Sales team on all Cox Media digital products, their value proposition, and how to demonstrate their impact to various marketing needs.
• Campaign Planning
• Partner with Account Executives on presentations/proposals to ensure that clients receive the appropriate mix of digital media products, services and rates to meet their business needs.
• Assist in developing digital media sales materials to present opportunities to buyers of digital advertising at local and regional levels.
• Reduce client attrition through building an effective consultative relationship with clients to ensure client satisfaction and develop future business opportunities
• Be the expert and resource to our clients by staying on top of digital trends and our solutions
• Partner with multiple departments within the company and digital department to track campaign results and prepare all-inclusive campaign reports to communicate return on investment to clients.
• Continually tracks digital media metrics to ensure growth of the utilization of the full product set.
• Attends job-related training to increase knowledge of the ever-changing digital environment.
• 7 or more years of experience required in related field OR 5 or more years of experience if candidate possesses a related advanced degree
• 4 years’ minimum marketing or sales experience required, including 2+ years’ digital product experience; Cable ad sales management experience preferred; Experience in development of marketing campaigns; Strategic planning and analysis experience
• Ability to thrive in a multi-tasking, fast-paced environment
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• 1-year media research experience
• 2 years’ work experience using Windows-based PCs and the Microsoft Office suite of products
• Valid driver’s license, good driving record, reliable transportation
• Excellent skills in adaptability, building relationships, delivering customer service, expanding and advancing opportunities, functional competence, initiating action, inspiring innovation, continuous learning, producing results, and sales opportunity analysis in order to work effectively with teams throughout organization.
• BS/BA degree in related discipline strongly desired (i.e. Marketing, Communications, Advertising, Public Relations, Business Management)
• Digital ad sales experience preferred. Experience in development of marketing campaigns. Strategic planning and analysis experience. Ability to thrive in a multi-tasking, fast-paced environment.
• 1-year digital sales, business development or sales consultation in a sales environment
• 2 years media research experience in a sales-driven organization
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique. Cox Communications is the largest division of Cox Enterprises, a family-owned business founded in 1898 by Governor James M. Cox.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.