|Title: Content Writer - Fulltime, Remote
HiringThing is online software that helps companies post jobs online, manage applicants and hire great employees. We were founded in 2012 with the mission to deliver intuitive, easy-to-use recruiting software across multiple sales channels and product types.
HiringThing operates in a flexible startup environment where employees can be hands-on in helping build a new company. This is a remote position, so successful applicants will thrive the ability to work from home. Our team stays connected through daily communication and regular video calls.
We are looking for a tech-savvy and creative content writer to join our Marketing team. The ideal candidate must
have experience developing both technical documentation and marketing content. This position requires both creative-style and technical knowledge, including demonstrated experience writing content for SaaS technologies and API documentation as well as short- & long-form marketing materials.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
IDEAL CANDIDATE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Develop and edit high-quality technical documentation (including API documentation, how-to guides, and release notes), as well as marketing content (including e-books, whitepapers, and sales materials).
- Track and lead content projects, including reviewing, editing, and updating new and existing content and documentation.
- Develop creative and compelling marketing content to support our brand, sales team, and partners.
- Work closely with the marketing team to plan and execute key content initiatives.
- Rewrite and reorganize the existing document library to improve developer productivity.
- Collaborate and build strong relationships with cross-functional teams (marketing, engineering, product management, and client services) to gather requirements and relevant information necessary for documentation.
- Ensure superior accuracy, clarity, and consistency across all written content[.
- Maintain a consistent voice and tone across all marketing and technical content.
- Define and maintain timelines for content updates.
- A minimum of 4 years of combined content technical and marketing writing experience (minimum)
- The ability to write, edit, and proofread copy while maintaining brand consistency and clarity
- Experience with SaaS marketing and technology
- The ability to collaborate with engineering, product management and client services to gather feature information and specifications
- Experience writing and editing technical communication, such as API documentation
- Experience writing marketing content, such as eBooks, whitepapers and web content
- Strong content sourcing skills, including interviewing and research
- Strong knowledge of documentation tools
- Understanding of SEO principles
- You love to pitch creative content ideas based on the collateral that sales, marketing and product needs.
- You have superior written and verbal communication skills.
- You have a keen eye for detail and exceptional proofing skills.
- You can submit a stellar portfolio with recent examples of documentation and marketing materials you have written.
- You see yourself as a self starter — always hungry to achieve and learn.
- You are easily adaptable — open to the change of a startup environment.
- You thrive in a fast-paced atmosphere.
- You possess excellent communication and active listening skills.
- You can prioritize, work independently, manage time effectively and follow through on tasks/responsibilities.
Applicants will be asked to complete a brief assessment as part of the application process. This will take approximately 20 minutes and cannot be re-entered once you exit the process. Please allow enough time to complete the assessment. Thank you.
- 401(k) plan with Roth and Standard options
- $100/month telecom reimbursement
- Up to $50/month fitness reimbursement
- Ability to work remotely
- Comprehensive benefits offered to eligible employees
- Opportunity to contribute in a hands-on manner to the growth and direction of the Company
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Opportunity for professional development
- 8 annual paid holidays for full-time employees
|How to Apply:
Register for a Job Seeker account to post your resume, track your online applications and searches, receive newsletters and customizable job alerts. Click here for a free TalentZoo.com Job Seeker Account. You can click here to use this employer's online application form.