|Title: Content Strategist
|Location: New York, NY
Brainrider is a marketing services agency with teams in San Francisco, New York, Seattle, LA, Toronto, London, and Dublin helping our clients plan, build, run, and measure beautiful, effective marketing and communication programs.
Our team is the key to our success: a tenacious group of problem solvers who need and want to understand why. We are driven to find better solutions to pipeline marketing challenges and hurdles. We embrace accountability, celebrate passion, and despise “good enough.”
We work in an open-concept space designed for team collaboration, filled with creativity, productivity, experimentation, and learning. Whether we’re brainstorming better marketing ideas for our clients or pushing hard to meet a tight deadline, it all happens with teamwork, adaptability, and optimism.
This is a full-time embedded position working 100% on-site at our client's office in New York City.
Relocation is not provided.
Brainrider is looking for an energetic, detail-oriented Content Strategist to join our client-embedded on-site team. The Content Strategist will be working closely with the Media Partnerships News Team providing marketing execution support to the News Vertical Partner Marketing Manager.
The Content Strategist will be working closely with the Media Partnerships News Team providing marketing execution support to the News Vertical Partner Marketing Manager.
Ideally you should have news marketing experience, industry familiarity, a strong writing background and portfolio, and the ability to work autonomously. You have the versatility to write, publish, and project manage a variety of our client's content projects and also be creative enough to concept new ideas. This role will need to be a mix of creative and organized/execution work balance. This position is fast-paced, and a working style that thrives under pressure will be a source of motivation and inspiration.
Your regular responsibilities will include:
- Building collateral/decks/materials
- Writing blog content
- Planning, writing, and managing email newsletter content
- Participating in planning meetings to develop presentation outlines and draft content
- Brainstorming deck flow and ultimately building keynote presentations with a strong storyline
- Sourcing input content from existing materials and subject-matter-expert interviews
- Interviewing and working with external partners
- Synthesizing complex news media concepts into presentation outlines
- Designing briefs, producing and providing input into final deliverables
- Advanced copywriting and storytelling skill set
- Experience managing an industry-focused email newsletter program
- Online portfolio that includes a diverse mix of marketing writing projects
- 4+ years developing scripts and presentation narratives for executives
- Newsroom experience and/or journalism background required
- Editorial experience; short form and long form editorial writing
- Comfort level interacting and collaborating with senior executives and designers
- Good eye for design and layout
- Ability to produce marketing materials without design/creative support
- Expert level ability in Keynote, PowerPoint and MS Office
- Design skills using Photoshop and/or Illustrator a plus
- Ability to work autonomously, iterate on versions and revisions quickly, and synthesize inputs from many different sources
|How to Apply:
Register for a Job Seeker account to post your resume, track your online applications and searches, receive newsletters and customizable job alerts. Click here for a free TalentZoo.com Job Seeker Account. You can click here to use this employer's online application form.