Aptive is seeking a communications writer/editor to support integrated communications efforts for Aptive's portfolio of federal government clients. Role requires two to five years of communications and proposal writing experience and demonstrated knowledge of researching, writing and editing, and strategic communications. This position demands a versatile self-starter with strong intellect and initiative, total reliability, ability to function in a fast-paced environment and top-flight communication skills. Exceptional ability to develop coherent and compelling prose is the primary requirement.
- Two to five years of experience in a communications-related field; government experience a plus
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience in research, writing, and editing
- Proficiency in organizing and communicating information
- Ability to manage multiple moving parts, juggle multiple assignments, and make sound decisions
- Ability to deliver clear, compelling communications, both written and verbal
- Perform well in team settings and work productively as an individual
- Positive and energetic attitude with a strong desire to meet goals, priorities, and commitments
- Experience writing about health topics and Veterans issues strongly desired
- Research, write, edit, and coordinate a broad range of communications materials (blog, articles, fact sheets, brochures, social media posts, etc.) under strict deadlines
- Gather, analyze, and interpret information and data from various sources
- Contribute to technical proposals with compelling content that distills complex concepts into compelling language
- Work closely with research staff to obtain information needed (e.g., interviews) for various publication materials
- Work independently to plan, generate, and deliver client-ready materials for various stakeholders, including organization leadership and military Veterans
- Translate complex information from various sources into essential facts and action steps
- Research and write new, high-quality and audience-specific content for a variety of products including e-publications, blogs, fact sheets, and collateral material such as posters, brochures, and flyers
- Ensure tone and focus are appropriate for target audiences and that content complies with AP and with any client-specific style guides
- Review documents for stylistic and formatting consistency
Education: A bachelor's degree in communications, journalism, English, or a related field.
Veterans are highly encouraged to apply.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO): Aptive is an equal opportunity employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.