Contact: Brad Nugent
|Title: Communications Specialist Job
|Location: Atlanta, Georgia
|Job Code: 74723
|Communications Specialist Requisition # 74723
Select Location GA201 GA Atlanta 3100 Cumberland Blvd
Functional Area Communications/External Affairs
Line of Business Corporate
Job Type Full-Time
Minimum Travel Percentage None
Relocation Provided No
Responsible for performing internal communications activities.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
* Responsible for drafting various communications materials, such as associate newsletter, news articles and memos.
* Handle administrative functions such as print and electronic distribution list management. Foster vendor and printer relationships in order to meet deadlines.
* Oversee the production schedule and distribution of print and electronic communications. Maintain editorial calendar.
* Partner with company Strategic Business Development group to handle acquisition communications. Partner with functions and Businesses on large-scale change initiatives and develop communications plans to support their success.
* Coordinate timing of regular communication channels.
* Serve as department representative for specific internal projects.
* Respond to communications inquiries as appropriate.
Nature and Scope
* Demonstrates skill in data analysis techniques by resolving missing/incomplete information, inconsistencies/anomalies in more complex research/data.
* Nature of work requires increasing independence; receives guidance only on unusual complex problems or issues. Work review typically involves periodic review of output by supervisor and/or direct "customers" of the process.
* May provide general guidance/direction to or train junior level support personnel or professional personnel.
* Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
* Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
* Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
* Must be eighteen years of age
* Must pass the Drug Test
* Must pass the Background Check
* Must pass pre-employment tests if applicable
Education and Experience
* Typically requires BS/BA in related discipline. Generally 2-5 years of experience in related field; certification is required in some areas OR MS/MA and generally 2-4 years of experience in related field. Certification is required in some areas.
* Bachelor's degree in Communications, Advertising/Public Relations, Marketing, Journalism or related field.
* 3 - 5 years experience in marketing or corporate communications.
* Understanding of organizational communication.
* Strong writing skills with knowledge of AP style.
* Experience in event planning and execution.
* Ability to create, monitor, and meet schedules and deadlines.
HD Supply is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to promoting a diverse workplace.
|How to Apply:
Please click here to create a free TalentZoo.com account and post your resume. Only logged in job seekers can apply for a job.