BOHAN Advertising | Marketing
|Title: Business Development Manager Position
|Location: Nashville, TN
|Who We Are
Established in 1990, Nashville-based bohan advertising is an independent, full-service advertising and marketing agency. We are straight-talking, advertising experts that grow the brands we serve by creating ideas that work. What makes us different? Nimbleness, no egos and our clients always have a seat at the table. We have major clients in tourism/hospitality, healthcare, retail and restaurants. Accolades include Advertising Age Silver Award for Agency Culture, Advertising Age Southeast Small Agency of the Year and Modern Healthcare Agency of the Year.
We challenge the status quo, mining for insights to inform our creative product while searching for new ways to take advantage of different mediums. We’re also big on transparency. Being upfront and honest in how we do business has proven to be good business. And while other agencies talk of partnership, we live it. Every day, and in one unique, collaborative way.
No overblown, pretentious philosophy. Just good people with the uncommon sense to operate an integrated agency in a way that’s truly integrated. It’s one of the reasons why we continue to be successful. And why we’ve attracted top talent from across the country. But don’t take our word for it. See for yourself. There’s an office at bohan waiting for you.
Who You Are
We’re looking for an experienced ad agency new business manager/supervisor to help oversee our aggressive business development and agency publicity efforts. You’re potentially the right fit if you’re organized, efficient and proactive, and are rewarded by being part of a team that consistently collaborates to create winning new business presentations. You should be comfortable in a fast-paced environment and be skilled in working with disparate groups of people. You would be the key day-to-day lead on agency new business, managing RFI, RFQ and RFP responses and pitches by helping lead strategic discussions, developing briefs and presentations, solving problems, analyzing research and anything else required to make the agency successful in our new business efforts, including tactical implementation for specific projects as needed.
What You Would Do:
- Bring a fresh perspective and point of view to our existing new business program
- Assist in creating the agency annual marketing plan
- Proactively lead, supervise and orchestrate all agency resources, demonstrating and utilizing your professional experience and sound judgment on all new business issues
- Grow to intimately understand the bohan agency business, industry and competition, and leverage that knowledge to help generate new ideas to strategically grow our business
- Be responsible for incremental growth of agency profitability through playing a major role in our gaining new accounts
- Effectively interact with prospects and potential clients in a way that quickly builds trust and confidence with the prospect in a compressed time frame
- Be the voice of bohan new business in staff meetings and production meetings, providing news and soliciting help as needed on new business projects
- Eventually work under minimal supervision
- Effectively collaborate with and manage agency vendor/partner resources as needed, including research firms, new business database and search consultants
- Handle multiple tasks easily, consistently meeting or exceeding deadlines and senior team expectations
- Collaborate with team members throughout the new business project process to foster, facilitate and consistently deliver great work that is on strategy, and on time
- Originate plans and briefs that clearly direct and powerfully inspire outstanding strategic and creative solutions that help win business
What You Need
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience working in an agency environment or comparable in the field of marketing communications
- Proactive, strategic thought leadership and the ability to quickly “rally the troops” in a way that inspires agency team members to go above and beyond to consistently help us win new accounts
- Ability to clearly communicate and assign tasks and timetables to all team members involved in new business projects
- Ability to effectively manage, prioritize and report on multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, organizational, writing, listening and comprehension skills
- Exemplary problem-solving skills, using a sound system of judgment to thoroughly analyze various options before making a decision or recommendation
- Solid mastery of advertising fundamentals, including, branding, planning, positioning and strategy
- Mastery of the principles of creating effective, intrusive and integrated media and creative concepts through execution/implementation
- Knowledge of production management including, collateral, broadcast, digital, print and events
- Knowledge of media fundamentals
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with a working knowledge of marketing research and a proven ability to glean critical insights that become key components in successful new business opportunities
|How to Apply:
Please click here to create a free TalentZoo.com account and post your resume. Only logged in job seekers can apply for a job.