Responsible for supporting the Director of Marketing in activating marketing programs and initiatives that support company purpose and goals. This vital role champions the brand to ensure marketing programs are implemented and executed with consistency resulting in increased traffic, sales and brand engagement.
- Embrace and convey the marketing strategies and business objectives.
- Develop local marketing plans and identify opportunities to optimize success for restaurants.
- Manage local marketing budgets and invoice reconciliation. Ensure expenditures fall within approved budget levels.
- Use PR team to support local initiatives, promotions and events as well as find ways to expand on national campaigns at a local level.
- Collaborate with Operations and Training to effectively communicate and implement marketing initiatives to the field to ensure optimum execution of marketing programs.
- Manage production of creative assets for local marketing and promotions.
- Manage vendors to provide services on time and on budget.
- Identify, analyze and communicate opportunities to improve current programs and initiatives.
- Report on marketing results to include field feedback, marketing campaigns, social media impact and ROI analysis.
- Market travel to drive local marketing plans and activate programs.
- Manage the email database and content calendar.
- Collaborate with social media analyst to manage social media content and profiles.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Business Acumen - Employs analytical, critical thinking, and problem solving skills; plans and efficiently organizes work, appropriately seeks, manages, integrates and interprets data. Able to prioritize work and make sound decisions using available data. Exercises good judgment and is committed to excellence and operational integrity.
Collaboration & Customer Relationships - Understands the value of diverse talents and perspectives and encourages diversity of thought and ideas. Is always professional when dealing with internal and external customers. Works through differences and finds a productive common ground with others to achieve mutually beneficial results. Has a strong sense of customer service.
Functional Expertise - Achieves success through a comprehensive knowledge of industry and business as it relates to position. Applies creative solutions resulting in internal and external customer satisfaction. Demonstrates initiative and is accountable for own actions and decisions.
Communication Skills - Has good verbal and written skills; is effective when communicating with peers and superiors as well as with customers and others outside the company. Expresses opinions and ideas concisely. Encourages two-way communication.
Manager of People (if applicable) - Attracts, develops and retains top talent; deploys talent effectively and builds strong teams. Leverages individual strengths to build strong, diverse teams. Provides clear direction and timely and effective counseling when needed. Sets realistic goals and holds team accountable for results.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or related field required.
- 5-7 years marketing, advertising, brand development or related field experience.
- Restaurant industry experience preferred
- Proven project management skills with ability to lead, manage outputs and timelines.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with ability to motivate, influence and coach.
- Loyalty program and digital marketing experience preferred.
- Able to multi-task and work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Ability to establish priorities and meet deadlines, to work within fast-paced environment with demonstrate ability to multi-task.
- Possess high degree of drive with track record of achieving results.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat Professional, Adobe Photoshop, sales force and restaurant software helpful.
Certificates and Licenses:
Work Environment/Physical Demand:
The work environment and physical demands are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job within an office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Some lifting of moderately heavy objects of up to 25 lbs. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, feel, or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk, stoop and reach with hands and arms.
Occasional evening and weekend work may be required to meet deadlines.