|Title: Associate Creative Director – Video Ads (Fully Remote)
|This is an exciting opportunity for a fully-remote “full stack” video creative producer who can do it all from script-to-screen and deliver punchy, sometimes funny, persuasive, short-form DTC video ads that convert, whether on paid social media or broadcast. If you love the Harmon Brothers (Poo-Pourri, Purple, etc.), can deliver that same quality and style of creative because it just comes naturally to you, you have done it all – concepting, copywriting, storyboarding, obsessive video editing, etc. – to deliver high-converting video ads that help improve people’s lives, then you’re a perfect fit.
Hello, my name is Adam Garrett, Creative Director of Metabolic Living, and I need your help. We spend millions monthly on Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and other digital channels. We’ve grown at 59% and 81% the last 2 years and on track for 90%+ growth this year. However, to continue our growth – and deliver on our goal of becoming a billion-dollar multi-channel brand by 2023 – we must take our creative to the next level. To that end, I was recently hired to build out our in-house video marketing team that can whip out Harmon Brothers-quality ad creative consistently. And now I’m expanding our talent with senior been-there-done-that video creative producers to deliver against that objective. Our entire team is remote and we all work from home (and always have), even before COVID.
Who Are We?
Metabolic Living is a self-funded, profitable, rapidly growing multi-channel DTC health and wellness company with 100+ on our team and on pace to hit $60MM in 2020. While others are struggling in this COVID environment, we are fortunate to be thriving as we create exactly what everyone wants. The overall trend towards health and wellness was already a wind in our sails, but COVID lit a match and set our growth on fire, dramatically accelerating things. So, this is your opportunity to help us make a meaningful impact, precisely at the time when the world needs it the most.
What are the Key Points?
- Compensation: $85,000 - $115,000 (negotiable for right person)
- Location: 100% Remote (virtual team of 100+ with no corporate office)
- Benefits: Health/Dental/Vision/Disability/Life + Robust 401k + 15 Days PTO
- Hours: 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. EASTERN (regardless of where you live)
- Culture: Human-first with High-Performing, Happy & Humble People (no jerks)
- Personality: Obsessed with Details so We can Simplify the Complex for Others
What’s Our Culture Like?
We’re serious about high-performance, so our culture is built around deep work to allow uninterrupted time for the intense concentration needed to deliver world-class performance. At the same time, real collaboration and transparency is critical to keep us all in alignment and keep office politics out of the equation. These aren’t just talking points – we’ve implemented specific policies, for example:
- A standardized 8:30 to 5:00 p.m. ET schedule to protect your personal and family time
- No meetings before 1 p.m. ET to empower you with 4 hours truly of deep work to GSD
- Daily huddles and weekly 1-on-1s to support your ability to focus on what matters most
Should You Apply?
If you’re a fantastic storyteller and LOVE every aspect from script-to-screen for video ads, crave the opportunity to make an impact working with a team that’s leaning into a meaningful mission, and…
… and if the answers to all these points were “yes, yes, YAAAS” then please read on as you’re an ideal fit and we’d love to talk to you ASAP!
- You LOVE writing stories so unique that it makes others want to stop, listen, and share…
- You LOVE brainstorming, pitching fresh ideas, and mind melding with other Creatives…
- You LOVE concepting, scripting, shooting and editing content that entertains and compels…
- You LOVE working in a fast-paced DTC environment where the goal is to deliver ROAS…
- You LOVE the psychology of consumer ads and have a continuous appetite to learn more…
Note: We have developed a unique, in-depth application process to help us pinpoint the best candidates. We read every application and will be in touch if there is a good fit. The more you tell, the deeper an understanding we gain and the more meaningful our first conversation will be.
What Does Metabolic Living Do?
The most common question we get is – what the heck do you do? Because from the outside in, unless you’re a customer, it can be confusing, There’s a reason: We built everything organically in reverse, starting with our first nutrition program in 2012, then our first exercise program in 2014 and then launching our full ecosystem of products, including nutraceuticals, functional foods, subscriptions, memberships, 1-on-1 coaching and more. These are all marketed separately under different direct to consumer (DTC) websites and brands in a direct response (DR) manner.
And now we’re centralizing everything under our new brand, Metabolic Living, with our flagship website and app launching at the end of this year, transitioning us from purely DR to a multi-channel traditional brand. The website at metabolicliving.com is rapidly evolving and will be replaced with the fully branded e-commerce-driven presence in December.
Normally, companies launch with a brand and then figure out how to make money. We did that in reverse – pinpointing pain points, curating world-class products, validating product-market match, generating cash flow to self-fund our growth, creating our north star (see more below), building out our operational team along the way and then retrofitting the brand on top. Strange path, but here we are. Read our full story here: https://www.linkedin.com/company/metabolic-living/about/.
In a nutshell, we provide a full ecosystem of products and services that help you quickly optimize your metabolism so you can feel, look and perform your best, every day… yet without the yo-yo struggle of traditional approaches. Rather than a one-sized-fits-all approach like Paleo, Vegan, Keto, etc. we empower you with a flexible framework called our Metabolic OSTM that’s 100% customized to you. It allows you to get results fast and to sustain those results as you age. Without this flexible framework, those rigid approaches ultimately backfire, leaving you worse off.
What Are Your Major Objectives?
What Key Skills and Experience are Needed?
- Deliver Winning Ads – Whether it’s Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest or other channels, your #1 objective is to develop video ads that win, as measured by our KPIs.
- Deliver Weekly Creative Volume – You’ll deliver the appropriate volume of high quality executions and variations to help our creative team meet its overall volume requirements… we’re intensely-focused on testing and iteration, which is the key to winning consistently.
- Deliver Script to Screen – You must be able to deliver the entire script-to-screen process, feeling comfortable with script writing, visual storytelling, editing, sound design and everything else that makes an ad magical.
What You'll Enjoy from Us:
- DTC Creative Experience – 8+ years’ experience as a video Creative Producer, Creative Director, or Digital Content Producer with recent, applicable focus on designing and developing performance-based DTC digital video and still advertisements for a wide assortment of brands.
- A Sense of Humor! Who doesn’t want to laugh? You were born with a natural ability to make other people laugh and bring a bright spirit with the ability to transfer that positive energy into the ads you create… it’s a noisy world of ads, so to stand out, we must entertain.
- Natural Salesmanship – You’ve got a natural ability to convince anybody of anything, thanks to your ability to persuade, motivate and inspire. Or perhaps you’ve been formally trained in sales. Either way, your salesmanship gives you the performance-based mindset and helps channel your natural creative talents into delivering against sales-related KPIs.
- Gifted Storyteller – You know how to architect emotional stories and develop characters that deeply connect with consumers in a way that motivates and inspires them to take action, and you constantly study popular films and competitor ads to reverse engineer their stories.
- Master Video Editor – You are a master at doing the obsessive video editing that we all know is necessary to bring the big idea to life in a way that engages, entertains and compels to action
- Veteran Video Producer – You have a strong grasp on all aspect of video production from pre-production and budgeting, all the way to sound design and color grading
- Strong Technical Chops – 10 years of hands on experience using Adobe systems to create both motion and still graphics and video, with a mastery of Adobe Premiere, Aftereffects, and Photoshop, and a firm grasp on Illustrator and Audition.
- Data-Driven – Extremely comfortable flexing the analytical side of your brain with a passion for reviewing performance data to gain creative insights. Comfortable analyzing all ad campaign KPIs to identify patterns and applying those learnings for future ad cycles.
If this sounds like a good fit, if you’re excited to do something challenging and meaningful that preserves your ability to enjoy life to the fullest, then please apply ASAP as we can’t wait to meet you!
- A Curated Team – A very supportive team of other high-performers who like to get things done, hold themselves accountable and help each other out wherever possible
- A Nurturing Culture – A culture that supports and nurtures your need to learn, grow and challenge yourself to be the best you possibly can be
- A Fantastic Lifestyle – A 100% remote work from home experience that allows you to enjoy your family, outside interests, hobbies and passions… and have a life :-)
- A Robust Benefits Package – Full Insurance (health, dental, disability & life) + Robust 401k + 15 days PTO and additional perks as we’re constantly upgrading them
|How to Apply:
Register for a Job Seeker account to post your resume, track your online applications and searches, receive newsletters and customizable job alerts. Click here for a free TalentZoo.com Job Seeker Account. You can click here to use this employer's online application form.