University of Miami Athletics
|Title: Assistant Athletic Director, Creative Services
|Location: Miami, FL
|The Assistant Athletic Director, Creative Services is responsible for managing the creative direction and visual brand standards for University of Miami Athletics, working with the graphic design, video content and digital strategy departments to generate compelling creative for one of the most iconic brands in collegiate athletics. The Assistant Athletic Director, Creative Services also assists the Senior Associate Athletic Director for Communications & Digital Strategy in setting the overall creative vision for the athletic department and ensuring that vision aligns with the department’s ongoing brand strategy.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Lead a team of graphic designers, videographers and digital strategists.
• Develop creative strategy for both long and short-term projects for all 18 sports, as well as internal department requests.
• Write creative briefs that outline project deliverables and assignments from start to finish.
• Manage the ideation, storyboarding and production of traditional and digital creative, including collateral, graphics, video and social media.
• Help concept and generate original creative that tells a story, showcases the student-athlete experience and engages all of UM’s target audiences.
• Ensure creative matches the look, feel and tone of the UM Athletics brand.
• Collaborate with other departments within UM Athletics to help them leverage creative to achieve their goals.
• Help develop and implement the department’s social media strategy, both to grow audience on all platforms and drive revenue goals.
• Keep department up to date on current creative trends.
• Help foster a creative and innovative atmosphere that encourages collaboration among team members.
• Manage the department’s creative assets.
• Responsible for maintaining compliance with NCAA, Atlantic Coast Conference, institutional and departmental rules.
• All other duties as assigned by the Senior Associate Athletic Director for Communications & Digital Strategy.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Excellent team leadership
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to work under time constraints and meet assigned deadlines
• Exceptional interpersonal, presentation, oral and written communication skills
• Experience with a variety of creative software applications, with an emphasis on Adobe Photoshop, After Effects, Premiere and/or Cinema 4D
Education Requirements (Essential Requirements):
• Bachelor’s degree required.
Work Experience Requirements (Essential Requirements):
• 6-8 years of increasing experience in an agency, consumer brand, and/or athletics setting or related field.
• Experience as a functional creative lead in a team environment.
• Creative background in a visual medium, be it graphic design or video production.
|How to Apply:
Register for a Job Seeker account to post your resume, track your online applications and searches, receive newsletters and customizable job alerts. Click here for a free TalentZoo.com Job Seeker Account. You can click here to submit your resume via email to this employer.