State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company
|Title: Art Director
|Location: Bloomington, IL
Number of Openings:
Professional/Technical Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates ability to develop visual concepts and strategy that meet the business objectives
- Identifies and assists with the training and development of graphic designers and provides constructive input
- Possesses thorough knowledge of company compliance standards including brand, intellectual property, copyright and trademark
- Demonstrates effective verbal and written communications
- Proficient at developing concepts that meet business strategies for the visual design project and provides supportive documentation
- Identifies more effective approaches and solutions to processes, procedures and projects
- Demonstrates ability to effectively present design strategy to enable audience to comprehend visual concepts
- Possesses in-depth technical knowledge to establish best practices and identify the need to adapt to media trends
- Job may require limited travel via commercial transportation and/or driving motor vehicles, and may include weekends
- Requires education and/or experience in graphic design (print, and/or electronic, and/or video media)
- Requires portfolio review
- Handles highly-sensitive issues and maintains confidentiality
- Requires involvement in management-approved education programs and activities as applicable for continued development
- Subject to call-in outside of normal working hours
We're looking to add a conceptual Art Director to our in-house creative team. The ideal candidate will have agency or in-house experience ideating, developing and executing compelling brand solutions across multiple channels. He or she will work closely with a cross-disciplinary team of creative directors, copywriters and designers on a variety of customer-facing assignments as well as internal efforts.
• Generate strong, strategy-based concepts and champion ideas with enthusiasm.
• Partner with Creative Directors and Copywriters in the creation of on-strategy concepts.
• Art direct the work of designers in addition to providing exceptional design across a variety of assignments.
• Partner with internal, cross-functional creative teams to create powerful and compelling concepts that align with strategy and brand parameters.
• Consistently impress peers with fresh, relevant, workable ideas in creative development.
• Present creative concepts and designs and back them up with powerful rationale.
• Help drive the creative process through briefing and conception to execution and delivery.
• Provide quality assurance, accuracy, and accountability throughout the process.
• Serve as a positive role model and mentor to designers.
• Stays current with, and strategically apply the latest industry trends and technology.
• Drive to never stop learning and developing the craft.
Requirements, Skills and Experience:
• Degree in Design desired.
• 3+ years of conceptual agency or in-house art direction experience
• Experience across print, video, digital, environmental, direct marketing, outdoor, etc.
• Exceptional communication and problem-solving skills
• Exceptional design skills and proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite
• Impeccable attention to detail
• Able to articulate design decisions
• Online portfolio of breakthrough creative work
|How to Apply:
Please click here to create a free TalentZoo.com account and post your resume. Only logged in job seekers can apply for a job.