National Conference of State Legislatures
|Title: Advertising and Exhibit Sales Representative
|Location: Montclair, CO
|JOB TITLE: Advertising and Exhibit Sales Representative
PROGRAM: Member Outreach and Marketing
LOCATION: Denver, CO
SALARY: $5000.00+/month depending on experience
The Advertising and Exhibit Sales Representative performs professional sales and marketing tasks. This position is responsible for developing and maintaining the advertising revenue base of State Legislatures magazine and maintaining and growing exhibit booth sales for the annual Legislative Summit. This work requires a high degree of initiative, independence, and persistence.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Typical duties include most of the following:
- Initiate, develop and maintain relations with potential advertisers in the magazine and online. Coordinate those contacts with other NCSL staff involved in fund‑raising or marketing efforts.
- Renew existing and recruit new exhibitors for the annual Legislative Summit with a goal to increase the hall each year. Coordinate those contacts with other NCSL staff involved in fund‑raising or marketing efforts.
- Research and identify potential advertisers and develop a targeted sales approach to identify new advertisers.
- Research and identify potential exhibitors and develop a targeted sales approach for identifying new exhibitors.
- Work closely with the Meetings staff to map the exhibit hall space for maximum sales opportunities.
- Coordinate the insertion and placement of ads with the magazine staff.
- Coordinates with meeting staff on placement of booths in the exhibit hall.
- Develops initiatives to maintain or expand the advertising and exhibitor base.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as laptop computers, copy machines, scanners and smartphones.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, lift small objects up to 30 lbs., open filing cabinets and bend, stoop, or stand on a stool as necessary. Requires the ability to travel locally, regionally and nationally, including overnight and weekends.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Experience and Education
- A bachelor's degree in marketing, advertising, or business plus at least three years advertising sales and/or exhibit sales experience. National sales experience is a plus.
- Skill and competence in written and oral communications, particularly demonstrating the ability to persuade others.
- Ability to work collaboratively is essential.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to deal with diverse individuals.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Skill and competence in sales skills and relationship building
- Skill and competence in writing and communicating verbally
- Skill and competence in working effectively internally in a team and externally with constituents
- High attention to detail and organization
- Flexibility to adjust well to shifting priorities and assignments
NCSL offers an outstanding benefits package including low cost health, dental and vision coverage, a 401(a)-retirement plan with 10% contribution after 6 months and full vesting, life & disability insurance, 3-weeks paid vacation with 5+ years of paid full-time work experience, paid leave, pet insurance, discounted bus / train passes, in-office dry cleaning pick up, access to 24-hour fitness memberships, and more!
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume highlighting skills and qualifications to: https://ncsl.applicantpro.com/jobs no later than Monday, April 16, 2018.
NCSL IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
|How to Apply:
Register for a Job Seeker account to post your resume, track your online applications and searches, receive newsletters and customizable job alerts. Click here for a free TalentZoo.com Job Seeker Account. You can click here to use this employer's online application form.