CUNY Hunter College
|Title: Admissions Coordinator (School of Social Work)
|Location: New York, NY
|Job Code: 18948
|Admissions Coordinator (School of Social Work)
Job ID: 18948
Location: Hunter College
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Reporting to the Director of Enrollment Management, the Admissions Coordinator will be responsible for the following duties:
• Coordinate the day-to-day activities of the Admissions office, identify problems and work with the Director on appropriate actions;
• Coordinate new student registration set-up and assist with the completion of student’s files.
• Assist with proofing of applications, update data in CUNYfirst, process non-degree applications, and assist in the maintenance of student files;
• Update student’s records in CUNYfirst and Apply Yourself
• Assist students with their documents and/or data problems;
• Coordinate admissions mailings to new students;
• Participate in workshops for special programs;
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervisors, other department staff, students and the public
• Create and update content for webpages, bulletins and other social media communications to prospective students
• Help manage student databases
Bachelor's Degree required.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Must be sensitive to the needs of a diverse campus population;
• Skill in listening to issues and working to resolve problems
• Ability to communicate effectively
• Must possess excellent computer, organizational and time management skills;
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
- Coordinates efforts of admissions and/or enrollment offices.
- Coordinates workshops, intake screenings, interviews and orientations for new students
- Counsels prospective applicants on requirements and standards and provides general information on programs and services in person or by telephone, e-mail or letter; conducts follow up as needed
- Assists in conducting open house sessions and orientations, including group sessions and programs at high schools and in the community at large
- Assists with day-to-day administration and an admissions or enrollment office, including scheduling and preparing and distributing materials
- Represents the Admission Office to the college's internal and external communities as directed
- Maintains and updates program databases, lists and files to ensure completeness and accuracy
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Assistant to HEO
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications must be submitted on-line by accessing the CUNY Portal on City University of New York job website (http://www.cuny.edu/employment.html) and following the CUNYfirst Job System Instructions. Current users of the site should access their established accounts; new users should follow the instructions to set up an account. To search for this vacancy, click on Search Job Listings, select More Options To Search For CUNY Jobs and enter the Job Opening ID number. The required material, as stated on the CUNYfirst vacancy notice, for the application package must be uploaded as ONE file in .doc, .docx, .pdf, .rtf, or text format. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Open until filled.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
CUNY is an AA/EO/IRCA/ADA Employer
|How to Apply:
Register for a Job Seeker account to post your resume, track your online applications and searches, receive newsletters and customizable job alerts. Click here for a free TalentZoo.com Job Seeker Account. You can click here to use this employer's online application form.