CUNY Hunter College
|Title: Administrative Coordinator - Department of Theatre
|Location: New York, NY
|Job Code: 20168
|Administrative Coordinator - Department of Theatre
Job ID: 20168
Location: Hunter College
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Reporting to the Chair of the Hunter College Theatre Department , Administrative Coordinator will assist in the administration of department functions and procedures; such as, records, payroll, budgets, expenditures, requests and orders of support and supplies. In additional to the CUNY Title Overview, typical duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
• Create and implement efficient office procedures and methods. Serve as liaison to the Chair.
• Produce and distributes key, complex management documents and reports with a high degree of accuracy, especially with regards to personnel-related matters, scheduling, and budget projections and allocations.
• Coordinate administrative office functions such as communications, meeting schedules, work plans, staff assignments, and distributing information.
• Administer special projects, events, and efforts to improve unit effectiveness.
• Supervise and coordinate the duties of clerical and part-time personnel such as office assistants and student aides.
Bachelor's Degree required.
• Strong understanding of file folders, file structure, and file organization. Demonstrated ability to apply a sound knowledge of best practices related management of records, including preservation and protection
• Experience utilizing electronic databases and basic experience with Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat
• Strong analytical, evaluative, and research skills
• High degree of professionalism and personal integrity to maintain confidentiality
• Ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a team setting with diverse staff of all levels
• Detail oriented, self-directed, motivated, and proactive
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
- Supports projects, initiatives, and activities that impact an academic or administrative department.
- Manages basic office functions such as communications, meeting schedules, work plans, staff assignments, and distributing information.
- Collects data for, prepares, and distributes reports and presentations using word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software.
- Updates office databases, lists, and files to ensure completeness and accuracy; maintains current information on department web site(s); maintains department archives and collections.
- Conducts internet and/or database research and performs basic systems queries to locate information related to department activities.
- Maintains department fiscal plans and budgets; assists in budget administration and invoice processing.
- Provides basic information, instructions, and materials as requested by students, faculty, and others who contact the department.
- May supervise office staff and student workers.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Assistant to HEO
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Commensurate with qualification and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications must be submitted online by accessing the CUNY Portal on City University of New York job website ( http://www.cuny.edu/employment.html or www2.cuny.edu/employment ) and following the CUNYfirst Job System Instructions. Current users of the site should access their established accounts; new users should follow the instructions to set up an account. To search for this vacancy, click on Search Job Postings, under Employment Opportunities, select More Options To Search For CUNY Jobs and enter the Job Opening ID then click Search. The required material, as stated on the CUNYfirst vacancy notice, for the application package must be uploaded as ONE file in .doc, .docx, .pdf, .rtf, or text format. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
The search will remain open until the position is filled.
CUNY is an EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
|How to Apply:
Register for a Job Seeker account to post your resume, track your online applications and searches, receive newsletters and customizable job alerts. Click here for a free TalentZoo.com Job Seeker Account. You can click here to use this employer's online application form.