CUNY Hunter College
|Title: Admin Exec Coordinator
|Location: New York, NY
|Job Code: 18033
|Job Vacancy Notice
Job Title: Administrative Executive Coordinator (Sr. VP for Admin & COO's Office)
Job ID: 18033
Location: Hunter College
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Reporting to the Administrative Executive Officer to the Senior Vice President for Administration/Chief Operating Officer (COO) at Hunter College, the Administrative Executive Coordinator will engage in a number of functions to support the COO's Office:
- Assist in meeting coordination with other members of the COO team and act as the primary meeting coordinator when appropriate;
- Assist in drafting and maintaining all materials necessary for COO presentations and meetings;
- Research, analyze and prepare materials for projects, and for use by the COO in resolving complex or sensitive issues;
- Draft and edit correspondence, reports and presentations;
- Coordinate and manage special projects, including collaboratively working with staff to ensure project deadlines are met;
- Reviews, proofreads, and formats all correspondence prepared for the COO's signature to ensure accuracy and completeness;
- Work independently and within a team on special and ongoing projects;
- Assists in other administrative functions as required.
Bachelor's Degree required.
-Strong understanding of best practices related to management of records, including preservation and protection.
-High degree of professionalism and personal integrity to maintain confidentiality. Detail oriented, self-directed, motivated and proactive.
-Ability to prioritize competing task s in a deadline driven environment with time constraints, spot issues/problems and identify potential solutions, uphold strict confidentiality and easily develop and maintain collegial relationships in a team setting with diverse staff of all levels in a complex college community.
-Excellent writing, editing organizational, interpersonal and presentation skills.
-Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, Outlook, Adobe Acrobat, electron ic databases and competency with digital and web based tools.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Provides administrative support to a Campus or University Executive.
- Coordinates office operations such as meetings, communications, events, and reports.
- Maintains extensive files and records for the unit.
- Maintains accurate calendars, schedules, and key dates.
- Collects data for, prepares, and distributes reports and presentations using appropriate technology.
Runs basic system queries and reports to provide data.
- Updates office databases, lists, and files to ensure completeness and accuracy; maintains current information on department web site(s), manuals, and other materials.
- Provides clear communications on the Executive's behalf both within and outside the unit.
- May perform related duties as assigned; may participate in special projects and efforts to improve unit effectiveness.
Job Title Name: Administrative Executive Coordinator
Assistant to HEO
Salary commensurate with education and experience, within the approved range for this position
HOW TO APPLY
Applications must be submitted online by accessing the CUNY Portal on City University of New York job website ( http://www.cuny.edu/employment.html or www2.cuny.edu/employment ) and following the CUNYfirst Job System Instructions. Current users of the site should access their established accounts; new users should follow the instructions to set up an account. To search for this vacancy, click on Search Job Postings, under Employment Opportunities, select More Options To Search For CUNY Jobs and enter the Job Opening ID then click Search. The required material, as stated on the CUNYfirst vacancy notice, for the application package must be uploaded as ONE file in .doc, .docx, .pdf, .rtf, or text format. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
The search will remain open until the position is filled.
CUNY is an EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
|How to Apply:
Register for a Job Seeker account to post your resume, track your online applications and searches, receive newsletters and customizable job alerts. Click here for a free TalentZoo.com Job Seeker Account. You can click here to use this employer's online application form.