Vladimir Jones is seeking a driven and enthusiastic individual, who is also strategy-focused, to join our team as an Account Supervisor. This position can be based in either our Denver or Colorado Springs office.
The Account Supervisor (AS) is responsible for the relationship between the agency and clients. The AS will look after client needs through direct contact, liaison, and the marshaling of agency resources. S/he will plan the clients’ short and long-term marketing strategies, as well as take responsibility for “bottom-line” accountability. The AS will be the key, day-to-day agency representative to the client and will maintain a highly responsive service orientation in all transactions. They must be knowledgeable in both the client’s business and the agency business. The position requires the ability to earn the confidence of, and develop a strong working rapport with, client contacts and internal agency teams.
The AS will provide strategic planning and direction on assigned account(s),and develop/present appropriate POVs to the client(s) as required to keep agency top-of- mind to client(s). The AS reviews all creative concepts to confirm whether or not they meet strategic goals before they are delivered to the client for approval.
The AS ensures that advertising strategies are clearly defined, approved by clients and are understood by the creative and media teams. The AS works to grow account revenue from any available sources. He/she continuously works to upgrade knowledge and skills through available reading, courses and seminars.
· Maintains direct, day-to-day senior level client contact.
· Responsible for directing the activities of AE’s and Account Coordinators to ensure proper agency service.
· Works in a pro-active manner aimed at providing client’s marketing plans with the greatest amount of value-added service through communications.
· Receives client briefings.
· Analyzes client input, together with background knowledge, research, field feedback, etc., to produce full communications plans.
· Devises communications strategy.
· Ensures technical and product representations are appropriate.
· Provides Creative, Production, Media and Public Relations personnel with well- documented input, support data and production materials as required.
· In the absence of Creative and Media personnel, presents and sells effectively communications plans, concepts and media plans to client; where Creative and Media personnel are present, supports Creative and Media in selling concepts and plans.
· Provides clients with budget updates.
· Keeps apprised of all relevant client and market developments.
· Coordinates and authorizes quotations for client approval.
· Assists in preparation of client invoices.
· Liaisons with research personnel and other non-creative freelance resources.
· Checks and approves copy, design, and production art, and coordinates client approval of same.
· Coordinates project timing and budgets with all relevant agency personnel.
· Writes Client Contact Reports; reviews important developments with relevant AE’s and Director of Client Services.
· Prepares month-end overviews of client’s current activities, and monthly revenue forecasts, plus plans for future development of accounts.
· Seeks out new business opportunities with new and existing clients and plays a supportive role in their development.
· Ensures that financial management of the accounts meets agency standards.
· Participates in Agency/Client Performance Plan reviews.
Experience and Education:
· Seven years plus experience preferred
· Advertising agency experience preferred
· At least two years of supervisory experience
· Bachelor’s degree required in related discipline
A solid background in mid to senior marketing positions and/or demonstrated superior performance as an Account Supervisor. Advanced verbal and written skills, analytical thinking, personal organization and interpersonal dynamics. A clear understanding of the business of advertising and a keen sense of entrepreneurship is essential.
The following characteristics are expected of each employee of the agency regardless of role or responsibility:
· Fearless: Of course we can do it. Absolutely. No doubt. Doesn’t matter if it’s the first time or the thousandth. We face and embrace and race through a changing world, brave because we have each other.
· Tenacious: Proactive by nature, optimistic by choice. Forward as a way of life. Solve as a mode of thinking. If you believe in something, sink your teeth into it and go, go, go.
· Passionate: Everything matters. Every client interaction. Every comma and every decimal. If it’s worth doing, it’s worth doing to the best of your ability.
· Me & We: What can you do to make your team successful? Find your moment, your specialty, your piece of the puzzle. And then own it for the greater good.