BOHAN Advertising | Marketing
|Title: Account Planner
|Location: Nashville, TN
|Who We Are:
Established in 1990, Nashville-based BOHAN Advertising is an independent, full-service advertising and marketing agency. We are straight-talking, advertising experts that grow the brands we serve by creating ideas that work. What makes us different? Nimbleness, no egos and our clients always have a seat at the table. We have major clients in tourism/hospitality, healthcare, retail and restaurants. Accolades include Advertising Age Silver Award for Agency Culture, Advertising Age Southeast Small Agency of the Year and Modern Healthcare Agency of the Year.
We challenge the status quo, mining for insights to inform our creative product while searching for new ways to take advantage of different mediums. We’re also big on transparency. Being upfront and honest in how we do business has proven to be good business. And while other agencies talk of partnership, we live it. Every day, and in one unique, collaborative way.
No overblown, pretentious philosophy. Just good people with the uncommon sense to operate an integrated agency in a way that’s truly integrated. It’s one of the reasons why we continue to be successful. And why we’ve attracted top talent from across the country. But don’t take our word for it. See for yourself. There’s an office at BOHAN waiting for you.
Thinkers, Writers, Hypothesizers, Dreamers, Doers are welcomed. We are looking for a strong critical thinker, insight miner and creative solver to join our growing team.
This position reports to the SVP, Executive Planning Director and will work on New Business and at least 3 accounts.
What You Do:
• Will work with SVP, Executive Planning Director to optimize agency planning process.
• Uncover insights and identifies strategic opportunities based on these insights.
• Provides strategic support and champions the “big creative idea.”
• Continually identifies and shares new trends, technologies and opportunities, providing how it applies to our client’s business and sell-in perspective.
• Drive positioning ideation to uncover strategic opportunities, when needed.
• Create brand and project strategy briefs that are smart, thoughtful and inspires great work. The kind account people get and creatives love.
• Solution-oriented idea generation - identify challenges and work with the team to come up with innovative solutions to grow the brand.
• Lead or participate in brainstorm sessions that result in areas of opportunity for the brand and innovative ways to reach the target audience/s.
• Participate in and sometimes lead research projects related to client’s business, including analyzing results when needed.
• Develop relationships with suppliers and vendors.
• Develop thought leadership pieces, when relevant.
• Use whatever means necessary (owned tools and secondary research) to identify
and assess target characteristics and needs, strength of competition, and identifies cultural attitudes and behaviors toward brands.
Who You Are:
• Proven thought-leadership on high profile brands. And a track record of strategic and provocative thinking.
• A self-starter who multitasks, and goes above and beyond on tasks.
• Loves to problem solve, with a “think on your feet” mentality.
• Innate curiosity to want to understand people, culture and the world overall and most importantly, a burning desire to dig into what makes them tick.
• Is a storyteller, has the ability to consume a ton of information, distill it, see the bigger picture and tell a clear, compelling, strategic story.
• Tremendous stage presence in meetings.
• Capable of building relationships with clients at a senior level and the ability to build their trust to help to navigate their thinking.
• You never just take and execute orders, you are expected to inspire and add value at every turn.
• Team player working well with different types of people (account and creative). Yet has the ability to challenge the teams in a trusted, collaborative way.
• Intuitive ability to understand people (co-workers, clients, consumers).
• Desire to constantly bring new ideas to the table beyond the day-to-day needs.
• Experience with qual/quant research methods (tracking studies, focus groups, in-depth interviews, ethnographic research – any type of interviewing skills) and have ability to see and adapt insights.
• Endless curiosity and a burning desire to unearth insights and transform them into disruptive advertising, marketing or business ideas.
• Ability to effectively support presentation of research results to customers, clients and other employees of the organization.
• 5-7 years of account planning experience within an agency environment.
• Bachelor of Arts or Sciences. MBA or Masters a plus.
• Planning experience across multiple industries a plus.
• Exceptional writing, communication and persuasive skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint. Mac experience helpful.
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret information from a variety of sources, such as trade journals, research reports, white papers and cross-tabulated survey data.
• Ability to draft research reports, presentations, white papers and general business correspondence.
We think our benefits are pretty awesome:
• Health Insurance (agency contribution of 50%-75%)
• Host of supplemental policies to include, Long-term, Short-term & Life
• 401k with 50% match after vesting
• Paid Vacation and Sick time
• Shared profits based on performance
• Ongoing training opportunities
• Competitive Family & Medical leave policies
• In-house Exercise Room
• Breakfast Bar
• 10 paid holidays
|How to Apply:
Please click here to create a free TalentZoo.com account and post your resume. Only logged in job seekers can apply for a job.