Academic Program Specialist - CUNY 2x Campus Specialist (Provost’s Office)
Job ID: 17818
Location: Hunter College
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Hunter College, located in the heart of Manhattan, is the largest college in the City University of New York (CUNY). Founded in 1870, it is also one of the oldest public colleges in the country. More than 23,000 students currently attend Hunter, pursuing undergraduate and graduate degrees in more than 170 areas of study. Hunter's student body is as diverse as New York City itself. For more than 140 years, Hunter has provided educational opportunities for women and minorities, and today, students from every walk of life and every corner of the world attend Hunter.
Providing students with outstanding preparation for both employment and future graduate study, Hunter’s Computer Science Department expects students to construct creative solutions to challenging problems in a variety of contexts. Our diverse faculty members work closely with students in an open and collegial atmosphere. Our curriculum focuses on hands-on programming skills as well as the mathematics of computer science.
As a site for the CUNY 2X Tech Initiative, Hunter College is proud to announce this call for applications for an Academic Program Specialist with expertise in technology and a commitment to increasing access and equity in the tech sector in NYC through a college-based education program. CUNY 2X is designed to enhance Hunter College students’ career pathways in the technology section and to use data generated by the program to inform ongoing curricular discussions on campus. The position will begin immediately and run until July 2019, with the possibility of an extension in to 2020. The position is viable for the duration of the grant.
The CUNY 2x Campus Specialist will provide comprehensive support to the initiative at Hunter College and ensure its successful execution, reporting, and coordination among partners. The Campus Specialist reports directly to the Associate Provost. In addition to the CUNY Title Overview, responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Collaborate with the Computer Science Department to ensure successful onboarding and integration of new faculty;
• Participate in the development of an Advising Network;
• Create a system of program data collection and analyses;
• Assist with the building of the Technology Talent Pipeline internship program at Hunter;
• Providing support in development and delivery of industry-led career workshops and co-curricular activities;
• Collaborating with the Provost’s Office, devise systems to support sustainability of new initiatives;
• Working with partners, support, coordinate, implement and maintain a communications plan;
• Coordinate and verify completion of all reporting requirements;
• Provide regular reports on project progress to the Provost’s Office, and comply with partner requests for information.
• Assist the Practitioner(s) in Residence as needed.
Bachelor’s degree and four years’ related experience required.
The successful candidate will demonstrate ability to work effectively with multiple units across the campus and the ability to partner with the leadership and faculty in the Computer Science department.
Superior communication and organizational skills are essential.
A preferred candidate should have:
- A Master’s degree in tech-related field;
- 2 or more years of administrative or planning experience, preferably in Higher Education or a tech-related field;
- Demonstrated leadership ability;
- Familiarity with budgeting and related software tools;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and strong attention to details;
- Proficiency in using software programs/applications, including Microsoft Office Suite.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
- Participates in the daily coordination of academic and administrative activities of a College's specialized academic program under management direction.
- Supports program development, student service delivery, outcome evaluation and instructor/student recruitment, enrollment, and retention.
- Recommends, implements and evaluates strategies to expand program offerings
- Prepares analytical and statistical reports for management
- Develops and maintains relationships with various College offices to improve student and faculty services
- Serves as resource expert regarding program policies and procedures
- Oversees office recordkeeping; manages updates of program web and print materials
- May supervise office operations and/or department budget
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Higher Education Assistant
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY’s benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Click on the "Apply Now" button and follow the application instructions. Please have your curriculum vitae/ resume and scholarly interest or cover letter with names and contact information of 3 references available to attach into the application before you begin. Please note that the required material must be uploaded as ONE document. The document must be in .doc, .docx, .pdf, .rtf, or text format- and name of file should not exceed ten (10) characters. Incomplete application packages will not be considered.
Open until filled with review of applications to begin November 30, 2017.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.