The Ad Council takes on significant public issues and stimulates action on those issues through communication programs that make a measurable difference in our society.
Over the past several years, Ad Council has grown donated media support on self-service media platforms (Facebook, Snapchat, Pinterest, YouTube, Google Ads, reddit, TikTok, Linkedin, Twitter, Vistar, The Trade Desk) and built an internal team of full-time employees and a suite of freelancers to execute this media.
This is a remote, contract position that will work on the Ad Council's extensive docket of campaigns and oversee their digital media activations across media platforms.
About the position:
We are seeking a Digital Media Director, Contract Employee to help oversee the day-to-day digital media activations for the deployment of Ad Council digital media campaigns running through self-service platforms. We are seeking a full-time consultant to start immediately in March 2020, for a duration of 4-6 months (with potential to extend longer).
The Digital Media Director, Contract Employee will help oversee media planning, buying and execution across social, search and programmatic platforms, including Facebook, Pinterest, Snapchat, reddit, YouTube, Google Adwords and The Trade Desk. This position is not intended to be activating the campaigns hands-on-keyboard but will work closely with the internal team and freelancers managing these platforms as well as key stakeholders from the specific platforms. This role will work closely with several internal teams including analytics and campaign management. This role will report into the VP, Media for the duration of the contract.
- Attend weekly, biweekly and monthly calls with platform teams (e.g., Facebook or Google) and respective hands on keyboard manager (HOK).
- Oversee and track deliverables for HOK, ensure strategies ladder up to overall goals of campaign.
- Act as subject matter expert for platforms and be prepared to answer broader platform questions while providing specific insight into performance expectations.
- Assist with budget tracking doc, ensuring SOWs and invoices are sent to respective campaign teams and freelancers are paid on a regular basis based on monthly media spends.
- Ensure HOK are providing regular reports with key data points for holistic monthly reporting out media efficacy.
- The Managed Platforms team is still relatively nascent, this role ensures the internal processes are being upheld and the HOK teams are making the best usage of the media dollars across the platforms.
Skills and Experience:
The ideal candidate will have:
- At least 5+ years of digital advertising experience, ideally 2-3 years at a media agency.
- Experience with managing multi-million-dollar media campaigns.
- Experience managing at least 1 direct report.
- Proficient in paid social and programmatic, working knowledge of paid search.
- Self-starter who excels in a collaborative, entrepreneurial, and fast-paced setting.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
Timing and Employment Length:
We are seeking a project-based employee starting immediately. This is a contract employee role. This means that, while the position is at all times one of at will employment", the Ad Council anticipates at present that the employment length would be approximately 4-6 months.
Additional background about the Ad Council:
The Ad Council is where creativity and causes converge at scale. We are a New York-based national non-profit organization, bringing together the brightest minds in the marketing, media, advertising and tech industries to create change around the most critical social issues facing our country. We produce and activate communications campaigns that drive awareness and behavior change, creating a lasting impact on American life. We are behind the iconic social good communications programs featuring Smokey Bear, "Friends Don't Let Friends Drive Drunk" and the viral campaign Love Has No Labels" that celebrates diversity and promotes inclusion.
We are deeply committed to diversity, equity & inclusion:
At the Ad Council, we value and celebrate the unique characteristics and perspectives that make each person who they are. Diversity is the foundation of our work and allows us to reimagine how we reach our audiences. It is not simply our belief, but our duty, to cultivate a team that is representative of the American people. Only then can we drive true, measurable, and life-changing impact on the most important issues facing our country today.
The Ad Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, creed, color, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, national origin, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, status as a protected veteran or any other legally protected status.
To apply online: https://www.adcouncil.org/Working-With-Us/Join-Us
The Ad Council invites all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, please contact please submit your request through one of the following methods listed below:
Fax (212) 922-1676 or
Attn: Talent Team
815 2nd Avenue, 9th Floor
New York, NY 10017