Well Done Marketing
|Title: Associate Creative Director
|Location: Indianapolis, IN
This position is responsible for the overall supervision of the agency’s creative product, both design and copy. He or she leads the creative team on all creative and content projects that interpret clients’ and the agency’s strategic marketing plans, and maintains the agency and/or client(s) brand image.
Reports to: Creative Director/President
Position Type: Full-time
Expected Hours of Work: Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Responsible for upholding the quality of the agency’s creative product
- Attends or leads creative input meetings to develop creative strategies on behalf of clients and the agency
- Leads and manages the Creative department; trains, supervises, and mentors all team members and interns
- Performs performance evaluations and sets professional goals for the Creative team
- Assigns and provides guidance to art director(s), graphic designers, digital art designers, and writers/producers as needed to concept and complete assigned projects and campaign materials
- Approves all creative work before client presentations, first reviewing creative work with account executives and taking their feedback into consideration
- Collaborates with members of the Digital Strategy, Accounts, and Creative teams to ensure coordination between traditional, digital, and interactive advertising and marketing materials
- Vets and selects outside vendors and freelancers, including photographers, videographers, illustrators, models, print shops, and editors as needed to fulfill production of each project
- Art directs videos, photo sessions, and press-proofing, as needed
- Works with the Accounts team and traffic manager to complete projects within the assigned budget and deadlines
- Archives, maintains and prepares art files for production in accordance with creative team standards to assist other department members in locating necessary files and references
- Makes creative presentations and participates in client meetings as appropriate
- Participates in and presents materials for new business pitches
- Serves on the Director team, assists with overall agency and team growth, identifies new services and opportunities, and develops management skills
- Represents agency in the community through trade and business/civic organizations
- Stays up-to-date on the latest design, marketing, and advertising research, trends, and tools
Skills and Experience
- 8+ years’ design or content production experience required, agency experience preferred
- A liberal arts degree in a creative field is required
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and work both independently and in cross-functional teams
- Knowledge of print, web, information, and interactive design standards
- Strong customer service, strategic concepting, and presentation skills are required
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite is preferred
- Experience with MailChimp design and content management is desirable but not essential
- Proficiency with budget and time management
- Experience with project management software
This job operates in an office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, digital camera, and scanners. Additionally, the role may use video and/or audio editing software and equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets, and bend or stand on a stool as necessary. The employee is frequently required to sit for long periods of time.
Travel is limited but may be required for out-of-state client projects and meetings.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
|How to Apply:
Register for a Job Seeker account to post your resume, track your online applications and searches, receive newsletters and customizable job alerts. Click here for a free TalentZoo.com Job Seeker Account. You can click here to submit your resume via email to this employer.