Associate Account Executive - NYC
Location: New York, NY
What are we looking for?
Following Kellen Best Practices, the Associate Account Executive supports Kellen client programs and aids in the implementation of a broad range of internal and/or external communications, public relations, social/digital, and content marketing activities in support of the clients’ mission and programs.
What will I do?
- Designs and distributes emails for events, programs, conferences, educational opportunities, etc.
- Makes regular website updates in content management system (CMS) and may write/compose messages.
- Researches media lists and identifies new reporters, publications, and outlets to add, and begins to build relationships with same.
- Under supervision, may pitch to small markets, including broadcast, print, and new media outlets.
- Understands clients’ social presence; embeds to understand account flavor; and writes posts or tweets in client language and voice. Researches and provides photos to accompany posts.
- Distributes electronic newsletters to clients’ membership; may contribute to writing and editing process.
- Participates in conference communications and works with committee to submit abstracts, market conference via website and social media, develop conference slides, etc.
- May create content for websites, social ads, magazines, and video.
- Creates social and digital advertisements.
- Drafts press releases.
- Participates in internal client meetings to attain understanding of strategy and direction.
- Conducts research for projects and/or business plans.
- Maintains knowledge of relevant industry and consumer publications.
- Stays well-informed about member companies and individual representatives/members.
- Other duties that align with the mission and vision of the company.
Am I qualified?
- Bachelors degree in journalism, communication, public relations, marketing, or other related discipline.
- 0 to 2 years’ experience in a communication role desired. Agency experience preferred.
- Strong verbal and interpersonal communications skills to interact with internal and external stakeholders using a variety of methods.
- Strong writing skills to write and edit a variety of communications.
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in spreadsheet, word-processing, database, and presentation software applications.
- Experience with association management software desired along with the ability to learn new software packages.
- Strong customer service orientation and the ability to interact effectively with staff at all levels of the organization.
- Effective planning and organization skills to effectively manage multiple projects at any given time. Reliability to maintain established schedules, manage time and priorities, and meet commitments and deadlines.
- Energetic and self-motivated team player who is accountable for initiating and managing projects through to completion with minimal direction.
- Creative and strategic thinker with the ability to set priorities based on customer (internal and external) needs and organizational priorities and preferences, and help develop solutions to client challenges.
- Strong eye for detail.
- Flexibility, adaptability, and the ability to effectively manage through change and transition.
- Proactive and collaborative working style; ability to effectively function as part of a cohesive team.
- Agile learner with growth mindset, ability to stay abreast of client industry trends and ability assimilate new job-related information appropriately.
- Travel may be necessary, up to 5% of the time and may be by travel by air, car, or rail.
What do we offer?
Kellen offers a professional and collegial work environment with great benefits where teamwork abounds and your efforts are truly appreciated. We work hard, but also strive for work/life balance. We offer generous benefits including medical, dental, vision paid vacation, holidays, a 401(k), and tuition reimbursement!