Gate 39 Media
|Innovation in Financial Services Marketing & Technology|
|Title: Senior Graphic Website Designer
|Location: Chicago, IL
|Who We Are
Gate 39 Media is a financial marketing and technology agency based in Chicago, IL. Businesses nationwide approach us to help them establish brand identity, position themselves strategically in the financial marketplace, and conduct ongoing marketing campaigns. In addition to marketing, website design and hosting, we offer an array of proprietary technology solutions such as custom apps and portals. We are fast-paced, results-driven, and constantly-evolving to meet our clients’ needs as they connect with their audiences.
Who You Are
A 100% creative graphic and website designer with killer design skills and talent for designing great user experiences — and you have the portfolio to prove it. A results-driven Chicago-area professional with at least 5 years’ experience willing to be a driver of growth in our downtown loft office — this is not a remote role.
Reporting to Executive Management, this senior role will work closely with Marketing, Project Managers, and our WordPress Development Team – and often with clients directly – on a variety of creative digital graphic and website design, app design, collateral, and other branding projects. With opportunity for growth, this role will also help lead design direction for Gate 39 Media.
Through superior organization, attention to detail and communication skills, the ideal candidate is a proactive and process-oriented individual with well-developed critical thinking skills who can efficiently solve problems. The ideal candidate will seamlessly pivot from project to project in a fast-paced multiple-deadline agency environment to create and manage deliverables for a range of financial industry clients as well as Gate 39 Media as an agency.
The ideal candidate will be able to quickly adapt design themes for more conservative financial industry clients, ensure the delivery of an exceptional product and agency experience to the client, while incorporating their own unique flair to add value and differentiation in our agency’s design.
Senior Graphic Website Designer Role
Communicate and facilitate the art direction, creation, and management of new design deliverables in both print and digital formats for a wide range of financial industry, futures and agricultural hedging clients as well as efficiently and creatively iterate, edit, and update existing client creative assets as needed
Guide and advise team members in both the creative process and client management to foster stronger working relationships and solutions (junior designer, interns, etc.)
Collaborate internally as well as with clients to conceptualize and execute creative solutions that can be translated across various media platforms
Stay informed on design and UI/UX trends and best practices in website design
Work closely with the Project Manager to assess accurate time estimates and breakdowns on the creation of assets while delivering solutions within budget
Lead and manage the conception-to-completion design and planning process for time-sensitive creative deliverables: Website design (90%) and print design (10%) – from single projects to ongoing retainer client needs
Design an array of marketing communication pieces: websites, apps, brand guides, logos, pitchbooks, collateral and overall themes, individual piece designs, assist with UI/UX design challenges, etc.
Efficiently and thoroughly slice and prepare approved design files to be handed off to WordPress Development teams and communicate detailed specs through design-to-development hand-off meetings
Must conduct pre- and post-production design quality checks on all website design and UI/UX specs implemented by development team and be able to clearly communicate updates and edits required
Continue to sharpen industry knowledge on trends and design products
Work efficiently with vendors on the development of needed materials
Experience, Qualifications and Skills
● 4-year degree (Design or related) and minimum of 5 years design experience
● Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, XD, etc.)
● Expert knowledge in graphic production, responsive design, apps, UI dashboards, etc.
● Experience with HTML and WordPress a major plus
● Acute attention to detail and solid UI/UX design skills as well as an understanding of inbound marketing methods and processes that tie into effective design
● Strong creative, organizational, problem-solving and time-management skills.
● Must have strong conceptual skills, high level design sense to offer multiple solutions.
● Familiarity with CMS platforms like WordPress, Sitefinity, social media platforms, etc.
● Work well with multiple, moving, and tight deadlines; Ability to pivot on projects.
● Adaptable and quick learner.
● Excellent interpersonal communication skills and the ability to mentor and lead. Set standard and work with junior, part-time, and freelance designers. Must be a team-player. Big egos need not apply.
● Experience working in an in-house creative department, agency or design firm preferred
● Experience with motion graphics and design skills around data visualization
● Knowledge of HTML 5, CSS, Bootstrap, JQuery or other web languages a plus
● Financial industry experience desired
Education & Experience Requirements
Minimum 4-year degree in design or related field
Minimum 5 years professional website design / UI / UX experience
To be considered, candidates MUST provide a link to portfolio and work samples
Compensation & Benefits
Gate 39 Media offers competitive compensation commensurate with experience plus benefits, opportunity to grow within an expanding agency environment, free Wednesday lunches, and a bright historic loft office location set in downtown Chicago, near all public transportation.
$65K – $75K annual salary + benefits
This role is an on-site role (not a remote role). Local candidates only, please.
|How to Apply:
Register for a Job Seeker account to post your resume, track your online applications and searches, receive newsletters and customizable job alerts. Click here for a free TalentZoo.com Job Seeker Account. You can click here to submit your resume via email to this employer.