Are you a purveyor of wordsmithery? Passionate about your position on the Oxford comma? Do you have a deep appreciation for the delicate art of alliteration, puns, portmanteaus and dad jokes? Have you ever left a comment in a social feed that read: *you’re?
If you answered yes to all of the above, you have found your people, because we, too, know that “wordsmithery” is not an actual word.
Hi, we’re Iris, and we’re in the market for a junior copywriter. But not just any junior copywriter. We want the kind of writer who can crack tough briefs with sharp concepts. Someone who can knock out copy for ultra-luxury sports cars one minute and a fast food restaurant the next. You bring your weirdest thinking cap and the writing chops in both short-form (headlines, teasers, scripts, social) and long-form (infographics, articles, presentations, brochures). We’ll bring the opportunities to see your work produced for some world-class clients across multimedia campaigns, along with bikes, beer, lessons in cockney rhyming slang and a leadership team that lives for a good mic-drop moment in a manifesto.
Skills and Experience
- 1-3 years at an advertising/marketing agency, internal marketing department, or other relevant business
- Experience and interest in developing and writing stand-out social content is a must
- BA or BS in communications, marketing, journalism, English, or other relevant field (or comparable experience from internships, portfolio school, or past employment)
- A portfolio that demonstrates a well-rounded, versatile copywriter – we’re looking for someone with the ability to convey many different brand voices and tonalities
- The ability to write engaging, persuasive copy that speaks to key audience insights
- Experience creating strong, engaging brand creative within social channels
- Exceptional organizational skills to manage multiple projects in a time-sensitive environment #AgencyLife
- Proofreading skills (both spelling and grammar)
- Expertise with common style guides and grammar/usage standards
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (which you’ll be using on a Mac)
- Self-motivated, decisive and doesn’t mind diving into the deep end (with a pair of swimmies, of course)
About Iris Atlanta
Iris is a global creative agency built to solve diverse, modern-day marketing challenges for progressive clients around the world. And in the heart of Atlanta’s historic Old Fourth Ward, under the Iris banner, you’ll find a motley crew of content-creating, live-experience-wielding, digitally-savvy, business-challenge-solving pros who have one thing in common: we hustle hard to make prolific creative that actually means something.
You’ll find our work appearing across luxury autos, iconic sport wear, and southern-grown hospitality brands to name a few – all steeped in strong insights and courage of conviction that moves our clients’ business forward.