Brink is a Portland-based, woman-owned communications firm committed to inspiring change for good in three focus areas: Urban Innovation, Healthy Communities and Social Justice.
As our next Copywriter, you’ll be working collaboratively with Principals, Account Managers and Strategists to develop compelling content for a wide array of channels and clients, with an emphasis on progressive causes. Your focus will be on translating complex concepts into clear, persuasive copy and developing long- and short-form narrative, headlines and brand frames that move hearts and minds.
To excel, you’ll bring creativity, entrepreneurial spirit, exceptional writing chops and keen attention to detail. You’ll have at least three years of professional experience writing in both journalistic and creative formats—preferably in a communications agency, non-profit organization or similarly dynamic environment. And you’ll share our team’s dedication to using marketing and public relations to build positive change in the world.
At Brink, we don’t just value diversity—we celebrate it, and we are committed to fostering an inclusive workplace that benefits our team members, clients and our communities. We are proud to be a B Corp and equal opportunity employer. We encourage candidates with diverse backgrounds, identities and skills to apply.
- Craft copy for a broad range of communications, including websites, ads, print collateral, reports, social media and articles.
- Create the narrative structure of complex websites and documents, ensuring key messages and information shine and users can navigate with ease.
- Working from a creative brief, develop multiple options for content approaches that meet the client’s and project’s needs.
- Develop key messages, names and other brand assets to elevate clients’ brands and communicate their values.
- Manage logistics internally and with clients to move projects ahead and ensure they are completed on time and up to high standards.
- Lead or assist in presentations to clients. Participate in professional, effective discussion during client meetings and email correspondence.
- Provide timely, professional communication with clients when necessary.
- Experience in—and commitment to—Brink's focus on social justice, healthy communities and urban innovation
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications or a related field
- At least three years of professional experience in copywriting; agency or non-profit experience preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; fluency in multiple languages desirable
- Strong organizational skills and ability to handle multiple projects at one time
- Can-do approach to meeting deadlines and delivering results with limited supervision
- Commitment to continuous improvement and long-term growth with Brink
- Interest in receiving feedback and enhancing skills
- Enthusiasm, creativity and flexibility
The annual salary range for this full-time position is $55,000 - $70,000, commensurate with experience and skills. Brink offers excellent benefits, including fully covered health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k) with employer match and paid volunteer time.
To be considered for this position, please submit a resume, cover letter and two writing samples through HiringThing by Monday, December 3, 2018.
While we welcome links to online content and portfolios for context, the two required writing samples must be uploaded directly to HiringThing as PDF files.