|Title: Project Manager, Communications
|Location: Framingham, MA
As a member of the Internal Communications team under the direction of the Senior Manager of Internal Communications, you will play a central role in developing and executing communications strategies across a range of print, electronic, broadcast, and face-to-face channels. You will be a primary liaison with functional and business unit leadership to provide communications support for key company initiatives. Additionally, you will play a central role in developing and executing written communications across a range of vehicles from our weekly newsletter to leadership communications.
- Partners with business unit and functional leadership on key communications initiatives of all types, including organizational announcements and All Hands meetings. Provides advice and counsel. Works cross-functionally across departments to gather information and determine appropriate messages.
- Researches, writes, and positions content in tandem with client teams. Recommends appropriate communication channels for message release.
- Creates, manages, and edits content for Staples intranet, newsletter, videos, and other channels. Recommends creative approaches for written and video content to drive engagement.
- Supports business units’ All Hands meetings, including content development and logistical support.
- Manages Internal Communications programs and contributes to key initiatives, from ideation to partnering with businesses on content
- At least 4 years of experience developing and executing internal communications strategies and plans with clear business impact
- Proven track record of supporting and advising senior leaders
- Excellent writing skills, strong presentation and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in communications strategy development and planning
- Ability to deliver top-quality communication materials, including articles, high-impact emails, and PowerPoint presentations for senior leaders
- Strong project management experience – Well organized, disciplined, and process oriented. Able to set priorities and put actions in place to execute communication plans effectively
- Experience managing company intranets and/or websites, with an eye for usability and creative look and feel
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft office programs with advanced proficiency in PowerPoint
- Familiarity with HTML, Photoshop and Dreamweaver for intranet, newsletters and content management. Knowledge of Omniture is also a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications area such as Mass Communications, Corporate Communications, Journalism, Marketing Communications, etc.
- Organizational reach—Display strong knowledge of all communication disciplines, offer credible advice on message positioning, and display overall business acumen. Keen ability to absorb, comprehend, and communicate a message, linking it to strategy and tying it to Staples’ complex business structure
- Creative writing—Ability to write for many different channels and formats, while bringing a creative flair to the finished product. Keen focus on how best to simplify and package complex messages in a way that will make the viewer or reader engaged. Ability to work under tight deadlines and manage feedback pipeline
- Influence and partnership—Ability to influence business partners and outcomes by providing strong rationale for communication approaches. Build key relationships both within business units and functional areas
- Strategic messaging—Ability to absorb, comprehend, and communicate a message, linking it to strategy and tying it to Staples’ business structure. Works with broader Internal Communications team to achieve this.
- New media savvy—Knowledge/interest in exploring new channels and/or opportunities to bring internal content to life.
|How to Apply:
Register for a Job Seeker account to post your resume, track your online applications and searches, receive newsletters and customizable job alerts. Click here for a free TalentZoo.com Job Seeker Account. You can click here to use this employer's online application form.