Landor NY is hiring a Financial Analyst - could this be you?
The Financial Analyst is the liaison between the Client Services department and the Finance department, and oversees Landor’s Maconomy project accounting module and processes to ensure the integrity of our client-related financial data, including SOX control, budgeting, revenue and invoicing.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure compliance with WPP group reporting requirements and deadlines
- Participate in multiple internal initiatives to help build our culture in support of our brand
- Role model for others in terms of energy, optimism, and drive for results
Billing and Revenue
- Oversee client billing and revenue recognition accounting processes in line with Landor policies
- Review project-related financial reports to ensure accurate and timely invoicing to clients
- Liaise with Client Managers to resolve any client accounting issues
- Coordinate the efforts of the Client Services staff in forecasting revenue and help set priorities to meet month-end deadlines and performance targets
- Prepare monthly revenue summary reports by tracking percentage of completion of various projects
- Prepare various financial reports including: Aging reports with written commentary on balances and revenue reports with variance analysis between forecast and actuals.
- Open projects and distribute information to relevant staff
- Produce weekly reports for client services, ensure data accuracy and initiate needed corrections
- Manage the transfer of incorrectly coded expense and labour to the correct project
- Reconcile UBR/UER on a monthly basis
- Manage the client database
- Manage the client PO listing
Internal Client Relationships
- Research system-related discrepancies and make recommendations or escalate to help desk.
- Provide on-going financial and system-related support and training for Client Managers, including training all newly hired Client Managers on Landor’s client accounting processes. Document financial process changes and implement into training manual.
Qualifications and Skills
Capabilities (Success Factors)
- Problem Solving
- Functional / Technical Skills
- Customer Focus
- Strong organizational skills
- Detail oriented
- Time Management skills
- Experience working in an agency environment is preferred.
- Experience dealing with accounting close processes and knowledge of financial accounting concepts
- Finance or accounting degree preferred.
- Aptitude to understand and work with various accounting systems (Maconomy)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
As a global leader in brand consulting and design, Landor helps clients create agile brands that thrive in today’s dynamic, disruptive marketplace. Our work enables top brands—from Barclays to BMW and Tide to Taj—to stand for something while never standing still.
Landor’s branding services include strategy and positioning, identity and design, brand architecture, prototyping, innovation, naming and verbal identity, research and analytics, environments and experiences, engagement and activation, and interactive and media design.
Founded by Walter Landor in 1941, Landor pioneered many of the research, design, and consulting methods that are now standard in the branding industry. Today, Landor has 27 offices in 21 countries, working with a broad spectrum of world-famous brands. Clients include Barclays, Bayer, BMW, BP, FedEx, GE, Intuit, Kraft Foods, Pernod Ricard, Procter & Gamble, Samsung, and Taj Group.
Landor is a member of the Young & Rubicam Group within WPP, the world's largest marketing and communications firm. For more information, please visit Landor.com and follow Landor on Facebook and Twitter.