|Title: Digital Photography Producer
|Location: New York, NY
|Job Code: 0206072603
|The New School is seeking a highly creative and detail-oriented producer/photographer to act as a key team member in realizing the essential role that photography plays in all of our marketing efforts from advertising to publications to the website. This individual needs to have a can-do, collegial and collaborative approach to their work as they will be involved in many projects with a wide range of partners from designers to writers, publicists, and academic partners.
This position reports to the Senior Director, Digital Presence, Department of Marketing and Communication. Works alongside the Senior Digital Media Producer and the Digital Asset Manager as part of the Department of Digital Content.
- Produce and direct strategically planned photoshoots, working with colleagues in Marketing and Communication, as well as university partners.
- Collaborate with photographers during shoots to ensure desired results.
- Negotiate contracts with photographers, using freelancers in our roster as well as finding new talent.
- Develop a budget for annual photography goals in consultation with the Senior Director.
- Maintain the integrity of the Digital Asset Library working with the Digital Asset Manager. Using established workflows, be accountable for methodically adding newly delivered photo shoots to the DAM system.
- Photograph select projects as they arise using the department’s Canon DSLR system and Profoto Lighting.
- Post-process and edit images using Adobe Lightroom.
- Curate and manage galleries of images using our cloud-based DAM system for use by designers, editorial staff, and others.
- Stay up to date with current best practices on Copyright Law and IP management
- Undergraduate degree in related subject (Photography, Film, Media, etc.).
- Three years professional experience in photography and production.
- Ability to manage a set or location working collaboratively between different stakeholders and subjects.
- Technical Mastery of DSLR camera systems.
- Mastery of Adobe Lightroom and Bridge.
- Competency in Adobe Creative Suite.
- Ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint.
- Ability to use the G Suite (Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, Drive).
- Ability to manage video production and post production.
- Mastery of Adobe Premiere, Adobe After Effects, and Adobe Media Encoder.
- Working knowledge of Digital Asset Management Systems.
- Experience with documentary filmmaking.
- Well networked with other media makers and producers in New York City.
|How to Apply:
Register for a Job Seeker account to post your resume, track your online applications and searches, receive newsletters and customizable job alerts. Click here for a free TalentZoo.com Job Seeker Account. You can click here to use this employer's online application form.