|Halloween By The Numbers
By: Fast Company
Halloween is upon us once again. And it’s not just a night for ghosts and goblins and tricks or treats, but it’s a night worth billions of dollars to businesses across the country. Here are some stats about Halloween showing that the best treat is all that cash going into companies’ bank accounts:
- According to the National Retail Federation’s annual survey, total spending for Halloween is expected to reach $9 billion this year.
- That’s down just a smidge from 2017’s Halloween spending at $9.1 billion.
- 175 million Americans are planning to take part in Halloween festivities this year.
- Each of those people is planning to spend an average of $86.79 on Halloween. That’s up from last year’s $86.13 per person.
- $3.2 billion will be spent on costumes.
- $2.7 billion on Halloween decorations.
- $2.6 billion on candy.
- $400 million on Halloween greeting cards.
- For costumes and other Halloween supplies, 45% of shoppers will visit discount stores while 35% will go to a specialty Halloween store or costume store.
- 3.8 million children plan to dress as their favorite princess character.
- 2.5 million children plan to dress as their favorite superhero.
- 1.9 million children plan to dress as their favorite Star Wars characters.
- 48% of adults who celebrate Halloween in some way plans to dress up, with witch, vampire, and zombie being their top three costumes of choice.
- And pets can’t escape their owner’s love of Halloween either: 18% of adults who celebrate Halloween plan to dress their pets up, with pumpkin, hot dog, and bumblebee being their top three costumes of choice.
This article was published on Fast Company. A link to the original piece appears after the post.
SENIOR MARKETING AND MEDIA RESEARCH ANALYS...
San Diego, California
Senior Specialist, Brand Communications
Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM)
Senior Digital Designer
Social Marketing Strategist
Confidential Executive Officer - President...
CUNY Hunter College
New York, New York
Digital Marketing Intern
Sunlight Media, LLC
Los Angeles, California
Cox Media Group
West Palm Bch, Florida
Director, Marketing & Communications
Minding Your Business, Inc,
Graphic Designer: Branding/Marketing
Shady Grove Fertility
Senior Studio Designer
Peter A. Mayer Advertising, Inc.
New Orleans, Louisiana
Sr. Art Director
Cummings Creative Group
New Media Jobs