|Writer's Block Remedies and More: Creative Gifts for the Holidays
By: Mona Sabbah
The holidays are right around the corner and everyone is running around trying to find that perfect gift for their loved ones. The stores are jam-packed with Christmas sweaters, gift baskets, toys, accessories, and more.
But what do you get for the creative in your life? Be it your copywriter spouse, your best friend the best web designer, or an art director colleague, what do you gift?
To make it a little easier on you, I’ve listed a few ideas that won’t be re-gifted:
- The “No Brief, No Talk” T-shirt for that disgruntled ad agency friend who has to ward off a few account executives every day. Find it and let their t-shirt do the talking!
- The stress buster desktop punching ball that you can get on Amazon, perfect for all those tight deadline and post-client meeting days.
- Any graphic designer will love an annual subscription to a trade magazine such as Communication Arts, Wallpaper, ID, or HOW. They make for great coffee-table books too!
- Most creatives, at one time or another, had a great idea in the shower, from blog posts to TV scripts. Help them capture those ideas with Aqua Notes, a waterproof notepad to document all shower epiphanies.
- For something a little more expensive, consider the ever-popular Herman Miller Aeron Chair. This ergonomic, 94% recyclable chair is even part of the Museum of Modern Art’s permanent collection. It swivels, tilts, and keeps Photoshop masters in ultimate comfort. Shop around for best price online.
- Register your friend for a local creative workshop, a painting class, or a writing course. They can learn something new or sharpen their skills and meet like-minded people. For example, The Center for Writing and Literature at Miami-Dade College offers eight-week courses from non-fiction to memoirs and more.
- Tablet, laptop, and more gadgets: As long as it’s Apple, it’s a great gift for any copywriter, photographer, art director, and other creative types. Also great for people pulling together for one awesome gift!
Mona Sabbah is a Senior Copywriter/Creative Director with over 12 years of experience writing for print, TV, radio, and online. Mona has worked on a number of accounts from The Florida Lottery to Air Canada and Keiser University. You can see some of her work at http://www.miamicopywriter.com/. Find her on Twitter at @miamicopywriter.
Copywriter, Marketing, Insights and Commun...
University of St. Thomas
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Engel & Volkers Banner
Sugar Mtn, North Carolina
Restaurant & Retail Marketing Manager
Marketing & Communications Director
Museum of Contemporary Art Cleveland
Cleveland Hts, Ohio
Paid Search Analyst
Cox Media Group
Public Relations Manager
DAKCS Software Systems
West Haven, Utah
Digital Marketing Specialist (eCommerce)
GraphicAudio - The Cutting Corporation
Creative Services Manager
MSC Industrial Supply
Melville, New York
Senior Client manager
New York, New York
New Media Jobs